Ready to leave chemicals and heat-styling behind? Here are some tips that can get you back to a fabulous natural hairstyle you’ll be proud of!
- Do your research. Find out which method suits you best and stick with it!
- Be open-minded during the transition. You may find yourself accessorizing and wearing styles you never have before.
- Don’t use too many styling products at once—especially at first.
- Be patient. The first few months of growth can be challenging, but when your scalp and follicles heal, your natural, soft, manageable hair texture will come out.
- Stay moisturized. Try a leave-in conditioner for maximum hydration. Other recommended products are olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter and monoi oil.
- Less heat, less stress. To avoid hair breakage, try different styling techniques to give your strands some much-needed comfort.
Contact any of the professional stylists at Textures for more good advice!